Stories of Strength - An Anthology for Disaster Relief

Writing for a Better Tomorrow

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Feel the Strength

So, I've got a bit of a dilemma. I finally got the press release to send out to the media in the area for Stories of Strength. The idea is to send it out to get the media buzzing and get the word out there. My problem isn't who to send it out to. That's all done. But when to send it. The book drops November 1st at the publisher's website Lulu.com for $15.95US. I could A) send it out tomorrow to catch that wave next week. OR, B) Send it out in a couple weeks when bookstores can actually order it themselves because it would appear on their systems.

I'd normally choose A) then remind people to visit their local bookstore to carry it. The con for this choice is that I'm leaving on my Honeymoon in less than a week. So if any of the media wants to get in touch with me, I would be completely unreachable to give them any further details until I'm back on the 14th.
So I'm leaning towards B) and wait until I return. Maybe it wouldn't coincide with the rest of the country's release but it would still be out there and sales are sales. Plus bookstores would order it when people ask for it instead of having to wait after hearing about the release. And, at least, I'd be reachable. Tough choices.
I suppose there's always C) be a wimp and do nothing. But I won't do that.
I'll keep you posted.

0 Musings:

Post a Comment

<< Home