Stories of Strength - An Anthology for Disaster Relief

Writing for a Better Tomorrow

Friday, May 12, 2006


It's coming back!!!!

What is? "It".

Come check out Sunday...and every Sunday thereafter.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Novel Concept

OK, so for those of you following the posts about my novel, here's the post for you!

A few weeks ago, I set a deadline for myself to have the first third of my novel completed by November 5th (my vacation/honeymoon). Well, I did a sense. When I started rewriting the novel, I aimed for about 100 pages for the first of three parts in a 300 page novel. Now I hit the 100. Problem is this:

- the first 100 was supposed to be part one. Well, at page 100 I'm only about a third of the way through part one. Not a bad thing really since it turns this into a trilogy of three novels. But we'll see.

So my next goal is to finish part one by Dec 31st. That is...all 300 pages to a level that I think are publishable.

Then part 2 shall begin.

I used to be daunted by such a large task. No longer. This is a new age of Musing! I no longer fear! (...eep!) Ahem...

I'll post another time about my honeymoon with not THOSE kind of pics...(shakes head). You'll see.

Until next time! Muse on!

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Bumped up Security

I finally decided to add a nice new bouncer to my chalkboard to cut down on Spambots. He's friendly to nice people. But doesn't like it when someone steal his bamboo.

Feel the Strength

So, I've got a bit of a dilemma. I finally got the press release to send out to the media in the area for Stories of Strength. The idea is to send it out to get the media buzzing and get the word out there. My problem isn't who to send it out to. That's all done. But when to send it. The book drops November 1st at the publisher's website for $15.95US. I could A) send it out tomorrow to catch that wave next week. OR, B) Send it out in a couple weeks when bookstores can actually order it themselves because it would appear on their systems.

I'd normally choose A) then remind people to visit their local bookstore to carry it. The con for this choice is that I'm leaving on my Honeymoon in less than a week. So if any of the media wants to get in touch with me, I would be completely unreachable to give them any further details until I'm back on the 14th.
So I'm leaning towards B) and wait until I return. Maybe it wouldn't coincide with the rest of the country's release but it would still be out there and sales are sales. Plus bookstores would order it when people ask for it instead of having to wait after hearing about the release. And, at least, I'd be reachable. Tough choices.
I suppose there's always C) be a wimp and do nothing. But I won't do that.
I'll keep you posted.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Wacky Waving Inflatable-arm Flailing Tubeman

Wacky Waving Inflatable-Arm Flailing Tubeman.

Don't say I didn't warn ya!